Wednesday, August 29, 2007

CRAP

Camus: "I should like to be able to love my country and still love justice." Is that possible? I just completed reading a book entitled BROTHERS by David Talbot. It's about the Kennedy years. I'm old enough to remember the impact they had, and the heartbreak I felt when they were both murdered.

And I think most Americans realized that the Warren Commission findings were just a bunch of CRAP. We knew then and have always known they both died of a conspiracy. They were killed by forces in their own government. Pretty sad, huh? And here we are 40 years later, still unable to get the straight facts about their deaths from that same government, which by the way, is our government, in essence is US.

I thank David Talbot and people like him who think it's important to keep this story alive. Personally I remember that the Kennedys put the spark of passion for public service in me. As a result I trained for the Peace Corps, and worked the the public sector for 40 years as a public health nurse. To this day, I am active politically and work for social justice causes.

I am sad that my children did not get to know their passion, or understand their vision of a just world where peace is more important then war, and governments can be noble. I worry about who their role models will be, and if justice will be a priority in their lives.

CAMUS: "I should like to be able to love my country and still love justice."

Pax Tecum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The assassination was done by someone who worked with Kennedy to form PC and Green Berets; like Sgt. Shriver. There are rumors.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o lucro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).